Sonntag, 7. Juni 2015

Ambrosia Project

The ambrosia project was a game project which I mainly managed in my third and fourth semester of my bachelor degree. In the first semester we decided to implement our own engine. For this, we used an open source render (ogre3d) and a physics engine (bullet). The rest was implemented by the engineering team. Graphical assets where modeled and animated in 3DS Max. My focus was to develop an infrastructure, where we can actually manage such a huge project with over 25 people. We had to use redmine as project management platform, which has to be updated. I toke care of this and built up the new system. As project management strategy, I chose the classic approach. As looking backwards, that was not suitable, because we can't define any requirements or actual release plans. Anyway we managed it with the task and tried to get all information in redmine. After the first semester, we managed to get a first prototype. At the end of the first semester, we got a huge crunching time, where everybody done everything. This leads, that I and some team colleges went to the sound studio and recorded the spoken dialog's. In the second semester we worked further on the ambrosia project. In this semester, we want to archive a playable version with implemented story and different levels. Next to the "normal"  project management stuff, I implemented a dialog editor, where the subtitles can be set and graphically ordered. I set also a lot of physical boxes, so that our collision system got the needed performance. At the end of semester two, we developed an approach´, which is more agile. For this, we played the game on the beamer in our room. While we played, everybody could say critics and bugs to change. When we played it through, we prioritize everything and put them on our board. After that we came to the performing phase. Everybody takes a card, which he feel responsible for and fixed the problem. After twenty minutes we done the same again. We got highly productive and the new possibility to work without a electronic board leads to more commitment and fun in the production process.
Our latest stable version can be downloaded here.



Share This

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Contact Me

Kontaktformular

Name

E-Mail *

Nachricht *